ITO coated glass is made by spreading a thin but uniform layer of Indium Tin Oxide over a glass substrate. ITO coated glass substrate makes the glass both low resistance and highly transparent.
The process of coating a glass substrate with an ITO coating is performed with considerable care. The procedure requires entirely vacuum-enclosed conditions. The sputtering method used for coating the glass sheet with ITO is done at a consistent temperature of 300˚ C.
Indium tin oxide (ITO) is an optoelectronic material that is utilised widely in research and industry. ITO can be used for many applications, such as flat-panel displays, smart windows, polymer-based electronics, thin-film photovoltaics, glass doors of supermarket freezers, and architectural windows. Moreover, ITO thin films for glass substrates can be useful for glass windows to conserve energy.
- Diamond Coatings specialise in ITO, anti-reflective and other special optical coatings, and currently offer an extensive range of specialist coated glass products including:
Cinema Projector Glass – An industry-leading, proven E60 fire-rated AR coated projector glass designed specifically to provide optimal optical performance in the digital projection of media. Our coated projector glass is currently used by cinemas across Europe and the UK as it offers a typical average visible transmission rate of 96 per cent at wavelengths ranging from 450nm to 650nm. It is suitable for both 3D and 2D cinema projection and offers optimal optical properties at a port size of 600mm x 600mm, the maximum size available being 1,000mm x 1,000mm.
For more detailed information, please download the datasheet here.
- OLED Grade Glass – This smooth-surfaced indium tin oxide coated type of glass is suitable for a diversity of OLED type applications. The surface of this glass type has been rendered suitable for deposition of ultra-thin subsequent layers by ion-modified magnetron sputtering the ITO coating onto glass with polished surfaces.
We currently offer two types of soda-lime float (1.1mm thick) OLED Grade glass, SL-P-12 and SL-P-80, which offer 86 per cent transmittance (at 550nm) and respective sheet resistivities of 12 ohms/sq. (ITO coating thickness: 135nm) and 80 ohms/sq. (ITO coating thickness: 25nm).
Depending on the selected type, OLED Grade glass can be supplied in full size sheets (max. size: 400mm x 500mm) or precision diced pieces (min. size: 10mm x 10mm).
- ITO Coated Glass, Slides & Coverslips – We offer an extensive range of Diamox and Diamox+ ITO coated glass including microscope slides and coverslips, we can supply coatings on substrates including:
- BK7 Glass
- Borosilicate Glass
- Fused Quartz Glass
- Fused Silica Glass
- Soda Lime Float Glass
These substrates can be provided:
- Fully dimensioned
- Polished to comply with specific flatness/optical requirements
- Profiled with radius, chamfers, cut-outs and holes as required
We can also offer thermally/chemically toughened glass options and/or diverse other enhancements (i.e. printed graphics/borders, anti-glare finishes).
If you would like any guidance on our ITO coated glass, contact the team at Diamond Coatings to discuss your specifications or find out more about what we provide.